Good morning, lovelies! I'm feeling rejuvenated after a a productive and relaxing weekend. We caught up on lost sleep, walked to our favorite coffeeshop for brunch, spent a relaxing evening sipping cocktails with our upstairs neighbor, and I hit the gym hard yesterday and again this morning.
You know those dark corners of your apartment where clutter lies in wait? The spare bedroom closet where you stash homeless objects? Maybe under the kitchen sink where crumpled plastic bags float amongst dusty cleaning supplies? I realized yesterday that there aren't very many "dark corners" left in our apartment. I started making a list of the projects I've completed since New Year's and felt so proud, I decided to share it here.
So far in 2015, I've...
- Emptied and reorganized the kitchen cabinets and shelves here we store dishes and cookware
- Decluttered and reorganized the closet where we keep cleaning supplies, medicine and spare toiletries
- Decluttered and reorganized the linen closet
- Decluttered and reorganized he drawers in our bathroom vanity
- Rearranged furniture in the guest bedroom
- Emptied and decluttered the closet in the guest bedroom
- Rearranged furniture in the living room
- Decluttered and reorganized the cabinet under the kitchen sink
- Cleaned and rearranged furniture in our bedroom
- Painted my desk and lined the drawers
- Rearranged furniture and reorganized my workspace
I've also cleaned our apartment top to bottom, including some scary placed like the back corners of our laundry closet. (Sadly, unlike a good organizing job, a good cleaning job just doesn't last.)
It's pretty amazing what you can do in two months when you put your mind to it. Last night, I told Colin how happy it makes me to have put so many things in order. I know where to look for things, and I've even been better about putting things away since everything has a home. I know that the dozens of boxes and bags I've thrown away, donated or moved to the basement for a future yard sale have made the biggest difference, and I can't wait to move on to the next phase, where I can get rid of even more. It really is a bit addicting, this decluttering thing, but I'm okay with it. Really okay. Proud, even.
What's made you proud lately? Sometimes tiny victories add up. I'm looking for inspiration and would love you hear what's making your beam lately.